The week's not exactly over yet, considering the fact that i have an essay due (which i'm still working on at this very moment) and test today, and classes tomorrow. But after every wednesday, the week BASIcally feels over. I hate wednesdays! they're my longest days everrr. I have classes starting at 9AM, and they go on and on until 5PM. :(
A lot of people didn't do very well on our first Chem6a midterm on monday, including myself ^.^; so the professor gave us a little pep talk of why we shouldn't drop her class, but rather, work hard and change our outlook on school and studying habits. She told us a little story of when she was a freshman in college, taking the exact course she is now teaching. She was not a very studious student in her high school years, yet got by with flying colors, no problemo at all. And so she thought college would be the same, and so she did her homework as usual, but did not study at all and went out everyday. After her first midterm, she was ranked 267/350, which we all know is not a very good place to be at after a mere 6 weeks of class. The night she discovered her ranking, she ate half a gallon of ice cream and cried her heart out. Waking up the next day, with a new perspective in life to do well and succeed, she knew she had to change her studying habits for the better, and so she went to the library from then on for 6 hours each day. She even told her roommate that she had classes until 6pm every night, when in reality her classes ended at 12pm. She wouldn't let herself leave the library until 6, even if she had already finished all her homework. If that was the case, then she would take notes on the text, notes of her lecture notes... By the end of the quarter, she was ranked 3rd.
Now, was that story inspirational or what? I couldn't help but tear up while i heard it from her. I really want to work harder! and be successful in life too! I really hope i can start studying better, starting monday.. ^-^ heh, procrastinating already!
A little bit of Voluminous-
So, I've been looking for a new mascara to try for the past 2 weeks, after my lash blast started clumping real bad. And I've finally decided to test L'oreal's Voluminous! in waterproof of course. Maybe you're wondering why it took me a whole 2 weeks? well that's kuz... I'm a poor, busy college student! heh. Well, anyway, I've heard nothing but great things about this mascara and it's driving me crazy to try it already! I'll be heading for my nearby ulta this weekend to purchase it! and maybe a couple of other goodies as well, including lash blast for backup. It simply is the best! ^^ but i despise using it on my lower lashes. The brush is just too big! Ulta is currently having a LOVELy sale: 

Until next time!<3



No comments:
Post a Comment